I got a expungement 6 yrs ago for a misdemeanor theft. However some jobs are still able to see it.

Asked 11 months ago - Houston, TX

How can I make sure it is indeed off my record? The lawyer I used is unavailable

1. Deepali Meenu Walters

3

Answered . You can check with the clerk's office. The problem is that private companies don't always update their databases well. If you send them the order, they should remove it.

2. Stephen Andrew Hamer

2

Answered . If it was correctly expunged, that should not be the case. If it was just "sealed“ some agencies can still see it. Was the charge dropped, case dismissed, acquitted at trial? If it was a class C (under $50) and u successfully completed deferred adjudication and case dismissed...u most likely had Iit expunged. If the charge was higher misdemeanor, it may have been sealed instead. As attorney Walters said.in your other post... talk with the attorney you used or another local criminal attorney to see what your status is.

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

2

Answered . start by requesting your own criminal history and seeing what shows up on it:
    http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/internetforms/Form...