I got a dwi reduced to an obstruction in san marcos. i took a time served and did no probation. can i get the dwi expunged?

Asked about 1 year ago - San Antonio, TX

i want to get it off my record because i applied for a job out of state and was denied because of criminal background check.

1. Jodi Soyars

Pro

10

Answered . Unfortunately, you will not be able to get the DWI expunged because it arose out of the same "criminal episode" in which you were convicted of another crime. If the "other crime" is a class C deferred disposition that would qualify for an expunction on its own, then you would possibly have a different result. But, the obstruction is a class B conviction that is not eligible for expunction and therefore it is the conviction for an offense arising out of the same "criminal episode" that will prevent you from obtaining the expunction.

2. Joa Rajon Sherman

6

Answered . Unfortunately not, the first response is spot on, since it is arising out of the same "criminal episode" it is there to stay.

3. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

3

Answered . If you had an attorney on the matter, give them a call. With that being said, Ms. Soyars's thoughtful analysis and advice appears solid. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

One or more answers have been taken down.