I got a DUI over 4 years ago in Nevada. Never went to court, do I have a warrant out for me?

Got a DUI over 4 years ago in Las Vegas. I never went to court for it as i ended up back in California. I was never a Nevada resident either and recently got my license back in California where I live. I've looked up records online and can't find anything on myself either.

Curious if I have a warrant out for myself and curious as to why would California grant my license back to me if I have an outstanding DUI in Vegas?

1. Probably. You should contact a Nevada Attorney to verify. If you want you want to contact an attorney in your area here on AVVO you can select "Find a Lawyer" at the top of the page. Good luck.

2. Most likely there will be a warrant. You could find out by calling the court in the county where you were arrested. It would also be best to speak with a NV DUI attorney ASAP.

3. Most likely you do have a warrant for not appearing in court. There may be other problems as well. There are many good DUI lawyers in Las Vegas, see http://dui-help.com/nevada for more info.

4. a number things may have happened. The case in Nevada may never have been
    filed California has not caught up national driver registry yet I suggest
    you hire an attorney in Nevada to check on the status of the case.

5. Contact a Nevada attorney from the county in which you were stopped.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

6. Sometimes cases are not filed, and thus no warrant. If you are wanting to be sure nothing is out there, you will probably want to do so quietly. This could be done by a private investigator running a very comprehensive background check. If something is found, you can then decide how you would like to handle it. There are numerous reasons why you could have cleared the CA licensing process without a hitch, but if there is a reporting later on, that could change in an instant. Let me know if I can help, but there are too many variables to cover entirely in an AVVO reply post, so feel free to call instead. Good luck!

DUI court topics