I got a DUI in the state of New Jersey And the officer forgot to take my fingerprints do I need to give them to them.

Branchburg, NJ |

The officer came to my residence in New Jersey and wanted me to give him My fingerprints because he forgot to do it on the night of the arrest.

1. Yes. At some point a judge will likely order to get booked.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

2. Yes. You should seek the counsel of a NJ traffic attorney however.

This is only an Avvo answer. I am not getting paid to give this response and am basing this response only on the information provided to me in the above question.

3. Yes. You will have to give them at court. Might as well. Better than pissing everyone off. Dwi has serious consequences and you should consult with a nj dwi lawyer as soon as you can.

4. Yes

Specific legal advice can only be given with full knowledge of all of the facts and circumstances of your situation. Posting a question on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. All questions you post will be available to the public; do not include confidential information in your question. If you would like to consult with me privately, you may do so by telephone at 215-423-5500.

5. Officers frequently forget to take prints, I recently had a young man who was arrested for a disorderly persons offense and the officer there also forgot to take prints.

The answer is overwhelmingly, yes. Your DWI arrest does not get effected by whether the officer forgot to take your prints the night of the arrest, and the judge will not sentence you without same.

I would also follow the advice of the other lawyers in this forum and advise you to seriously consider getting counsel in this matter.