I got a DUI in the state of New Jersey And the officer forgot to take my fingerprints do I need to give them to them.

Asked about 1 year ago - Branchburg, NJ

The officer came to my residence in New Jersey and wanted me to give him My fingerprints because he forgot to do it on the night of the arrest.

1. Eric M. Mark

Pro

8

Answered . Yes. You will have to give them at court. Might as well. Better than pissing everyone off. Dwi has serious consequences and you should consult with a nj dwi lawyer as soon as you can.

2. John Arthur Daniels

6

Answered . Yes. You should seek the counsel of a NJ traffic attorney however.

3. Thomas Kenny

Pro

6

Answered . Yes

4. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

5

Answered . Yes. At some point a judge will likely order to get booked.

5. Vikrant Kishin Advani

Pro

2

Answered . Officers frequently forget to take prints, I recently had a young man who was arrested for a disorderly persons offense and the officer there also forgot to take prints.

The answer is overwhelmingly, yes. Your DWI arrest does not get effected by whether the officer forgot to take your prints the night of the arrest, and the judge will not sentence you without same.

I would also follow the advice of the other lawyers in this forum and advise you to seriously consider getting counsel in this matter.