I got a dui in 94, didnt finish hardly anything i was order nto do, inleft state because of fear of my ex-husband, i have not

Tampa, FL |

been in any trouble of any kind since then, and that was my 1st offense, how can i get this straightened out without jail time?

You should contact an attorney and work with him to try and resolve the situation. You
probably have a warrant for your arrest and I doubt you have a vaild drivers license if there is an open warrant. Your attorney may be able to convince the prosecutor and judge that you were legitimately in fear of harm and but for that, would have complied with probation.

The short answer to your question is, probably yes. I practice in Tampa and feel reasonably certain that most, if not all of our judges will pleased that you have not been trouble during the last 6 years and will be far more interested in seeing you complete probation than in incarcerating you. As some of the other lawyers have said, it is very important that you immediately retain a lawyer to help get this matter resolved. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Maybe. You need to hire a lawyer to address the situation, get your case moving again, and try to help you avoid jail time.

In my experience, a violation of misdemeanor probation that is this old can often be resolved without the need for a client who does not live in Florida to return to Tampa, to turn themselves in, or to recieve jail time as punishment. However, the results definitely vary based on your judge, and you probably will not be able to obtain a valid driving license until after submitting proof that you completed DUI school, and paid certain outstanding costs and reinstatement fees.