I got a dui,drugs

Asked about 1 year ago - Arcola, IL

quit drinking 2 hours before and took my kids 4 icecream and then to get some food they was both bunkled before we left and 1 of went to sleep and I thought she was buckeld but she wasn't when I got pulled over I blew a stop sing because the guy next to me was distracting me then I got pulled over they didn't read me my rites

1. Judy A. Goldstein

7

Answered . There is no requirement that you be read your rights. Do you have a question? It appears that you really need a lawyer. Please hire one and discuss your case with him/her. This is not a confidential forum.

2. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

6

Answered . It's not really clear what you're asking. It certainly sounds as if you need an attorney, especially if the kids were in the car when you got the DUI. Best of luck.

Jasen Nielsen

3. James Donald Garrett

5

Answered . You need to consult with and hire an experienced local DUI attorney. Receiving a DUI under "routine" circumstances is serious enough. Having your children in the car at the time is a significant aggravating factor. You did not mention what your BAC was, nor what drugs you had on you or in your system, but each of those factors will have an impact on your sentence as well, if you are convicted.

I am licensed to practice criminal and DUI law in VA, not IL. As such, I may be unaware of certain state laws; and therefore, my response may be irrelevant. Please use my response for informational purposes only.

Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated.