Skip to main content

I got a dui 7 months ago in la. i am currently on probation.1 month ago got a ticket driving on a suspended can i get classA bk

Hacienda Heights, CA |

I got a dui 7 months in pomna . i am currently on probation.1 month ago got driving on a suspended license in el monte will i be able to get my class A license back. even though I violated my summary probation ?

Attorney Answers 2


Your conviction in Pomona triggered a 6 mo. suspension which can be converted into a restricted by showing proof of enrollment in a 1st offender program, filing an SR22 proof of insurance and paying a reinstatement fee. You probably had an Administrative suspension from the DMV as well which can also be converted. If you do that, an experienced criminal lawyer may be able to get your suspended license case reduced to a VC 12500 which is a non point count charge. This will help avoid a new suspension based upon too many points in one year and also avoid what is a mandatory jail sentence for driving on a suspended license fro a DUI related conviction.

Mark as helpful


The other lawyer is right. You need get your restricted license, then see if the DA will drop it to VC 12500.

Edward J. Blum

Mark as helpful

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics