I got a DUI, pulling out of the methadone clinic. I passed the sobriety test and was still taken for blood work? Help.

Blairsville, PA |

I also had marijuana in my system from weeks prior. The police officer also was very prejudice and told me a lot of things that he shouldn't have. Is their anyway, I can beat this case?

I can't directly answer thst question anymore than I can predict the outcome of a jury trial. What I can say is that you will maximize the chances of a favorable outcome if you have the assistance of a good criminal defense attorney. Post no more details on a public website like this and start consulting with legal counsel. Most here offer free consultations, take advantage if that to speak privately and confidentially with one or more lawyers sbout your circumstances. Good luck.

You should see a criminal defense attorney at once. Are you saying you passed the field sobriety tests? Did you consent to the blood test? Does the clinic test you for drugs? THC from marijuana rarely persists past a day, but the metabolites are slow to eliminate. How is it that the methadone clinic did not detect the marijuana abuse?

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

Stop posting incriminating information and retain an experienced criminal defense attorney to maximize your chances for a good outcome. Good luck.

Barry Franklin Poulson

Barry Franklin Poulson

I agree with Atty Keller, time to go silent and see an attorney on Monday.

Michael Adam Haber

Michael Adam Haber

I am not licensed in PA but this is SAGE advise in any state! Props to you Robert!

I agree with my colleagues...You have issues you can raise but you need to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney to help you with this case. Good luck.

First, you may think you passed the sobriety tests, but you may not have. If it was a PA State Trooper, there should be video of the stop as well as your field sobriety testing. Many people who do not understand how the NHTSA-approved field sobriety tests work think that they passed them because they do not understand how they work or what the officer was looking for.

Before your preliminary hearing, find a local attorney who does more than a casual DUI every now and then. If you have a contested preliminary hearing, you should strongly consider hiring a stenographer. Try to pin the officer down on why he stopped you initially and what failure points he saw during field sobriety testing. Later, check this against the video, if it is available.

Most importantly, do not discuss this case in public, on Facebook, or with anyone other than an attorney, or you waive (or give up) important rights.

I do not represent you. You should hire an attorney. Only after meeting you and talking to you during a review of your case can a solid assessment be made of the case and any likely outcome. Do not rely on my advice unless you hire me.

The best thing you can do is contact a local attorney that is experienced with DUI cases and set up a consultation.

Traffic tickets topics