I got a disorderly conduct charge A in Illinois & have court January 31, what can be my fine and/or punishment.

Asked 4 months ago - Lombard, IL

I'm in violation of chapter 720 paragraph 5 / 26-1(a)(1). Do I need a lawyer? What kind of punishment am I facing? Can the judge throw this out? Should I just plead guilty? Will this stay on my record?

1. Judy A. Goldstein

2

Answered . Do not plead guilty. Hire a lawyer who may be able to minimize your damages. The charge and any outcome will stay on your record unless you are able to have it expunged after a couple of years. It is not possible to anticipate the outcome of your case because a lawyer will likely be able to get you a better disposition than you could do on your own.

2. Philip Lowe Kroovand

Answered . Consult a local criminal attorney to obtain the best possible result. Do not plead guilty. An attorney may be able to negotiate a better outcome for you. Depending on you record an attorney may be able to work out a pre trial diversions where you would do some community service...

3. Erick Masten Platten

Pro

Answered . Fine not to exceed five hundred dollars. If you can't pay the fine you can ask to work it off doing community service or serve the sentence off in jail for a certain amount of days setting off the court cost and fine.

Sincerely,

Erick Platten
    State Wide Representation

Avvo attorney's donate their time to answering questions on this forum. If an answer is helpful please indicate so by clicking the helpful tab and best answer.