I got a denial letter after interview for I-485 marriage based. Can i be given a green card if i re-marry?

Saint Cloud, MN |

My wife removed her petition for me for I-485 and i got a denial letter. In a situation where i divorce her and re-marry then apply with a different person can i be issued a green card?

Not if the marriage was a sham.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Not if your first marriage was considered to be fraudulent. Please see

Mr. Shusterman's response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Not after you triggered a presumption of immigration marriage fraud. Retain a counsel.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois

I agree with my colleagues and would only add that even if the first marriage was deemed bona fide a quick new marriage to apply for immigration benefits looks very suspicious and will raise the fraud flag in the eyes of immigration officials.

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

The wording of your post raises concerns of improper conduct. As stated, retain an attorney for counsel at this time.

TWIN CITIES to ST CLOUD. Do seek legal counsel for your personal legal issues and needs. This post is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This post is to be considered general information which may or may not apply to your personal situation.

Marriage and prenups topics

Recommended articles about Marriage and prenups