I got a denial letter after interview for I-485 marriage based. Can i be given a green card if i re-marry?

Asked 10 months ago - Saint Cloud, MN

My wife removed her petition for me for I-485 and i got a denial letter. In a situation where i divorce her and re-marry then apply with a different person can i be issued a green card?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

Answered . Not if your first marriage was considered to be fraudulent. Please see

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

9

Answered . Not if the marriage was a sham.

3. Tricia Dwyer

4

Answered . The wording of your post raises concerns of improper conduct. As stated, retain an attorney for counsel at this time.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

5

Answered . Not after you triggered a presumption of immigration marriage fraud. Retain a counsel.

5. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues and would only add that even if the first marriage was deemed bona fide a quick new marriage to apply for immigration benefits looks very suspicious and will raise the fraud flag in the eyes of immigration officials.