I got a citation for shoplifting,, was questioned not finger printed or bailed out. They brought me back home.

Marietta, GA |

II got a citation MIS shoplifting, 3 days later a 450.00 fine. I was not fingerprinted or picture taken. I got an attorney. Question is when will this show up on a background check? It happened Sunday, today is Friday. I am interviewing for jobs that run a background check. Please advise. I am getting all different answers. Will it show up now, as I said, I was not fingerprinted. Will it show p on the court date. My attorney and I have talked about a diversion program. Please advise. I do not think I will get hired with that on my record and it takes 6-8 months to get it off.

I will take the advice of the attorney. Please take this question down. I like my attorney. Please take this question down asap. No reply's needed. I am not sure sure how to take this down. All courts have different answers. Please ignore this thread. I am trying to delete it.

You shouldn't be here asking advise if you have an attorney. Take his / her advise or find another attorney if you don't like your representation.

404.993.9172 Law Firm of W. Travis Towe. Mr. Towe is a DUI / criminal defense attorney and practices in several metro-Atlanta counties, including: Fulton, DeKalb, Clayton, Cobb, Gwinnett, Fayette, Henry, Hall, Forsyth, and Douglas Counties. All information provided is based on Georgia law and federal law, where applicable, and is not necessarily directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. This response is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. Rather, this response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your respective jurisdiction.

1. On a plain, white piece of paper, print the question that you posted on this site.
2. Call your lawyer's office, and schedule an appointment to meet with your lawyer in her/his office.
3. When you go to your lawyer's office to meet with your lawyer, take the piece of paper with you.
4. Hand your lawyer the piece of paper with your question on it.
5. Tell your lawyer that you posted the question because you have not received satisfactory answers from her/him.
6. If your lawyer still does not answer your questions to your satisfaction, fire that lawyer, and hire another one.
You may terminate your relationship with your lawyer and hire another one at any time.

Answers to questions on this web site are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Unless you and Troy W. Marsh, Jr. have signed a written contract, Troy W. Marsh, Jr. is not your attorney, and you are not his client. www.marshlaw1.com troy@marshlaw1.com

Rules are different depending on our age..... If under 17, the different rules apply. First thing one needs to know is your age...

The information is provided for general purposes only and should not be relied upon. You are advised to consult with an attorney of your choosing, who can advise you on the particular facts and options in your case. No attorney-client relationship is intended or formed absent you executing a signed fee agreement. P. Darrell Kimbrell is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. Information provided is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. This response, or any response, is not legal advice nor does such response create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

If you weren't fingerprinted, and were merely cited, it should not be on your criminal background.

James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

Shoplifting topics