I got a citation for shoplifting,, was questioned not finger printed or bailed out. They brought me back home.

II got a citation MIS shoplifting, 3 days later a 450.00 fine. I was not fingerprinted or picture taken. I got an attorney. Question is when will this show up on a background check? It happened Sunday, today is Friday. I am interviewing for jobs that run a background check. Please advise. I am getting all different answers. Will it show up now, as I said, I was not fingerprinted. Will it show p on the court date. My attorney and I have talked about a diversion program. Please advise. I do not think I will get hired with that on my record and it takes 6-8 months to get it off.

Marietta, GA -

William Travis Towe

William Travis Towe

Criminal Defense Attorney - Atlanta, GA

You shouldn't be here asking advise if you have an attorney. Take his / her advise or find another attorney if you don't like your representation.

Troy Windel Marsh Jr.

Troy Windel Marsh Jr.

Criminal Defense Attorney - Statesboro, GA

1. On a plain, white piece of paper, print the question that you posted on this site.
2. Call your lawyer's office, and schedule an appointment to meet with your lawyer in her/his office.
3. When you go to your lawyer's office to meet with your lawyer, take the piece of paper with you.
4. Hand your lawyer the piece of paper with your question on it.
5. Tell your lawyer that you posted the question because you have not received satisfactory answers from her/him.
6. If your lawyer still does not answer your questions to your satisfaction, fire that lawyer, and hire another one.
You may terminate your relationship with your lawyer and hire another one at any time.

Phillip Darrell Kimbrell

Phillip Darrell Kimbrell

Criminal Defense Attorney - Atlanta, GA

Rules are different depending on our age..... If under 17, the different rules apply. First thing one needs to know is your age...

James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.

James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Atlanta, GA

If you weren't fingerprinted, and were merely cited, it should not be on your criminal background.