I got a citation for providing alcohol to a minor so should I get a lawyer?

Asked almost 3 years ago - King Of Prussia, PA

I was on spring break in Florida when my friend and I were stopped by a cop. Both of us had alcohol inhand but my friend is only 20. I did not purchase the alcohol for him, the bar just did not card us. The cop gave me a citation for purchasing a minor alcohol and I have a court date in Florida but I am from New Jersey. What will happen and what should i do? I am not guilty.

1. John Edwin Daniel Larkin

1

Answered . Your question raises a number of important issues: will you have to appear for the summons date you have been given and, if not, when will you have to appear? Is it smarter to plead guilty and avoid travel costs or to fly down and fight the charge? What are the long-term repercussions of a providing alcohol to minors in FL?

These questions are all appropriate for Florida attorneys so, if you haven't posted your question in the Florida specific forum, you should do so.

2. Craig Paul Kalinoski

Pro

1

Answered . You should contact a Florida criminal defense attorney without delay to address the legal issue. Pleading guilty to such an offense could have a life-long negative impact in the form of giving you a criminal history.

3. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

Answered . Only a Florida attorney can answer that.