I got a citation for an expired inspection sticker over 60 days in denton, tx

Asked about 1 year ago - Denton, TX

just want to know if defensive driving is an option?

1. Stephen Andrew Hamer

2

Answered . Contact a local traffic attorney. They don't charge very much. Get the inspection sticker current. You will probably be able to get deferred adjudication, and in 90 days it will go away.

2. Lucio Antonio Montes

1

Answered . It is not a moving violation. There is no reason to take a defensive driving course for a non-moving violation. You will not get points on your driving record. You can just renew you inspection, go to court and see if the prosecutor will dismiss you case. The worst thing that will happen is that you have to pay a fine. Even that is usually negotiable if you go and speak with the prosecutor. You should not hire an attorney for a simple case with no consequences. This advice is good as long as the only violation was for an expired inspection sticker. Good luck.

3. Michael R Crosner

1

Answered . Best to consult a LOCAL Traffic Ticket Attorney - many offer free consultations. Can locate a local attorney right here on AVVO under the tab "Find A Lawyer"