I got a citation for an expired inspection sticker over 60 days in denton, tx

Asked about 1 year ago - Denton, TX

just want to know if defensive driving is an option?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Stephen Andrew Hamer

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Contact a local traffic attorney. They don't charge very much. Get the inspection sticker current. You will probably be able to get deferred adjudication, and in 90 days it will go away.

    BEST ANSWER I got.... and I HOPE I WAS HELPFUL!! My answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship.... more
  2. Lucio Antonio Montes

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It is not a moving violation. There is no reason to take a defensive driving course for a non-moving violation. You will not get points on your driving record. You can just renew you inspection, go to court and see if the prosecutor will dismiss you case. The worst thing that will happen is that you have to pay a fine. Even that is usually negotiable if you go and speak with the prosecutor. You should not hire an attorney for a simple case with no consequences. This advice is good as long as the only violation was for an expired inspection sticker. Good luck.

    Legal disclaimer: My answers are only intended as general legal advice based on my experience. They are not... more
  3. Michael R Crosner

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Best to consult a LOCAL Traffic Ticket Attorney - many offer free consultations. Can locate a local attorney right here on AVVO under the tab "Find A Lawyer"

    This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney .... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,170 answers this week

3,059 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,170 answers this week

3,059 attorneys answering