I got a arrest warrant should i go to bailbond or should i hire lawayer its for pc 236/237 idk why

Santa Clara, CA |

I dont know why i got this letter from sjpd a arrest warrant .! Can a lawyer aviod the alwarrant or what should i do asap help me thanks.!

Arrange a free consultation with one of the AVVO lawyers in the San Jose area. Discuss the situation with them and if you can, hire one you feel comfortable with. They can then deal with the warrant and arrange for you to turn yourself in. And before you turn yourself in, talk to a bail bondsman and get a bail set up so if a bail is set, you can bail our right away. Since you got a letter, sounds like it might be a misdemeanor charge.

The information and legal suggestions made herein do not in any way create an attorney-client relationship. The responses provided herein discuss general principles of law and should not be relied upon by the asker in making legal decisions. Only an attorney who has met with the asker and fully reviewed the facts and circumstances of the asker's individual case should be relied upon for legal advice. If you find my suggestions helpful, please mark the appropriate box as helpful.

You should hire an attorney immediately. These are serious charges. You likely missed a court date after being arrested or cited for the criminal offense you're charged with. An attorney can put your matter on calendar and keep you out of custody during the duration if the case. A bondsman should be consulted if you are put in custody so you can post bail and be released. Good luck.

For a Free Consultation Call: 408.313.5607

You are much better off hiring a good lawyer instead of giving your money to a bailbondsman.

I am looking for one but for very cheap i really cant aford one

Curtis L. Briggs

Curtis L. Briggs

Worst case scenario you get arrested on this warrant. They will either issue you a new citation with a court date or they will hold you in jail until court. At that point you will get a public defender and they may try to get you released without bail. I'm going to be blunt here just because I want you to understand how this works. If you get arrested and held in jail a few days, bailbondsmen WILL call your family and tell them your in jail and what the charges are. Your family or friends panic and post bail for several thousand dollars or more because they think that is the right thing to do. Then you just may have wasted the opportunity to hire a lawyer. If you think anyone might help you bail out if you get put in jail you need to call them now and explain to them you need money to hire an attorney. Many lawyers will consult you for free.

I got it sir thank you

Curtis L. Briggs

Curtis L. Briggs

Hey, I've been through a few bumps in the road when I was younger so I totally understand your situation. I wish you the best of luck.

I disagree with the comment that you "likely missed a court date". You stated this was an arrest warrant, not a bench warrant. SJPD routinely sends out arrest warrants by mail and gives you an opportunity to take care of the warrant on your own. I don't know how anyone can question whether you need a lawyer or not. Of course you do. You are charged with False Imprisonment. Although you don't mention if the arrest warrant had an "F" next to it or the bail amount so I don't know if it's a Felony or Misdemeanor false imprisonment charge. 236/237 is a "wobbler" meaning it can be charged both ways. The best advice is to get a lawyer. They can direct you to a reputable bail bondsmen. If you can't afford a lawyer then contact the Public Defender's office. This is not something you can handle via a chat room or internet forum. Find a local lawyer you feel comfortable with.