I got a approved for the deferred action I821D. what are my chances of getting approved for I765 work authorization?

Asked over 1 year ago - Union City, NJ

how long till i get a answer for the I765?

1. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

3

Answered . You should also file Form I-765 for the EAD. If you are approved for deferred action, you should be approved for EAD.

2. Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

3

Answered . The I-821D is filed concurrently with the I-765. This is a requirement. If you got approved for the I-821D (DACA) this means you must have filed for the I-765 as well. It is possible not to get employment authorization in the event you did not prove "economic necessity." However you should have received a decision in the mail along with your approval for the I-821D. Consult a competent immigration attorney who is a member of AILA (American Immigration Lawyer's Association) who can assist you by checking with USCIS further and determine your next steps.

3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

3

Answered . Your chances are very good.

4. Yolanda Navarrete

1

Answered . Did you file it at the same time? If you do not get it you need to contact USCIS.

5. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

2

Answered . I agree with my colleague