I got a 60 day no cause eviction . if i don't pay my rent for that 60 days can they change the eviction to a sooner date?

Asked 9 months ago - Salem, OR

We were evicted for having people visit who don't live in our trailer park

1. Kevin Elliott Parks

2

Answered . Yes, if you don't pay rent timely then the landlord can proceed to give you a 72 hour notice to vacate for nonpayment, and can then file an eviction proceeding on that basis if you fail to pay rent during that 72 hour period.

Sent remotely from:

Parks Law Offices, LLC
    Portland, Oregon
    (503) 308-1080
    www.parks-law-offices.com

2. Robert Lloyd Mauger Jr

Answered . The only thing I would add is your landlord cannot give a "no cause" eviction in a trailer park where you own the trailer but rent the land... even if there is a cause. If that's the case, your landlord may have messed up and it would be worth talking with a lawyer about the notice. If you rent the trailer and the land, then a 60-day notice would be appropriate. Either way, you need to keep paying rent.