Skip to main content

I got a 2nd degree burglary wit a gang affiliated!! wat do i expect?? this is my first time

Bakersfield, CA |

stole some headphones and a gift card, and the guy i was with was a gangster and i didnt know

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Be careful. Expect to be mistreated because of the association with the gang member. Get an attorney or get a public defender.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia


First, don't post anything in this forum that sounds like an admission of guilt. This is NOT a confidential setting and you should assume whatever you post could be read. Ask general questions. Don't give details.
You need a lawyer-- there is a lot at stake here. The prosecution may offer you a quick deal in exchange for an admission that you are a gang member; don't be short-sighted, as being labeled a gang member is a serious problem for people in their every day existence.
You need a lawyer and you need one who has real familiarity with these issues. There is a lot of work that can and should be done to fight bogus gang allegations.

Any answer provided on Avvo, including this one, is a general answer about a legal question, not specific legal advice. Different lawyers may analyze this or any other matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am licensed in the state of California and the Central District of the Ninth Circuit.


My suggestion is to find an attorney who has experience with these types of special allegations and has read several of the cases in this area. This is not a simple area and from the start, a commercial burglary with a gang enhancement appears difficult to prove. Good luck.


You are going to need good representation. If you can afford it, talk to some attorneys about representing you. Many of us on Avvo provide a free consultation and can tell you what to expect.


Second degree burglary can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony. The addition of the gang enhancement can make things considerably worse. You need to contact a criminal lawyer immediately to protect your rights.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer