I got 90 day notice to vacate property do I need to move if my contract is valid for 6 more months?

Union City, CA |

Me and my girlfriend signed a lease for 2 years and gave $4k deposit. After 1 year we broke up and she moved out. The landlord wanted me to stay so he lowered the rent but did not change the contract. My contract still states $3300 but I have been paying $2000 but the property foreclosed a month ago.
The new owner (bank) gave me a notice to vacate in 90 days and is asking for me to prove with 6 last rent checks that I lived here. They have my contract but want my rent checks.

1. Do I need to provide my rent checks to the bank since they have my signed lease?
2. Can they make me pay my old rent amount $3300?
3 Can I stay till the end of my lease or I should move in 90 days?

1. Under Federal law you are entitled to stay for the duration of your lease unless the new owner wants to occupy the property. They have to honor the $2000 agreement modifying the written lease. Do not move.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.