I got 3 duis in 2009 and leaving the the site of an accident. am i eligable for a permit to drive. under georgia law

Asked over 1 year ago - Norcross, GA

iam currently in gwinett county dui court for the last 5 months its a year program. under the new georgia law can i get a temporary permit. or has my hard suspention of 2years up.

1. Donald Clinton Turner

Pro

8

Answered . Your charges in 2009 ,if convicted, should have gotten you declared a habitual violator and your license suspended for 5 years. That being case, you are eligible for a probationary license 2 years after being declared HV. -after completion of state approved program ,interlock and paying the fees. Good luck

2. David Edward Boyle

5

Answered . Three DUIs and one hit/run would make you a habitual violator and you would lose the license for 5 years. You can get a limited permit after 2 years. Some of this would depend upon when the convictions were final and when DDS suspended your license. I would encourage you to speak to a lawyer.

3. Daniel Ellis Rice

4

Answered . I may be wrong, but I believe that even with the changes in the law over the last 2 years, a person whose license was suspended 3 yrs ago would now be eligible for a limited permit. Keep in mind that there have been changes in what kinds of activities/locations are permissible with the permit, so you will need to make sure that you abide strictly by the new guidelines. Good luck.

4. Jack Ira Klein

Pro

4

Answered . You should contact D.D.S., they can tell you if your eligible.