I got "let go" because of lack of experience in billing and receptionist after working 2 weeks part time. Do I have a case?

Pomona, NY |

I left my Full Time job at HSBC bank for over 2 years with higher pay for this job at a private medical practice. They called my references and were aware of my skills and experience. Billing not one of them. They still hired me and verbally promised me to increase my hours and my wage. I was to be trained for the position they wanted. I got let go after 2d weeks. In addition to my regular pay they just gave $250. check. Can I sue?

1. NYS is an employment at will state; unless you belong to a union, there are no job guarantees. You can sue for breach of promise, but it is a very difficult suit to win. If they let you go, you are eligible for unemployment.
    I would also go back to HSBC and see if they will take you back.
    On my profile there are several legal guides. I recommend reviewing the following which may be helpful to you:
    Hiring a lawyer; Is it Legal? Is it Illegal?...Understanding the different court systems;
    Legal terms used in litigation………………………………………………………..

Employer/Employee regulations and litigation.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER…………………………………………………………………..
    Mr. Sarno is licensed to practice law in NJ and NY. His response here is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question. Many times the questioner may leave out details which would make the reply unsuitable. Mr. Sarno strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their own state to acquire more information about this issue.