I got jury summons in mail but im not able to go , i sit gone be problem for my citizenship ? immigration

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

i revived jury summons in mail but in am not living in us right now , i moved to other country few months after my citizenship . i told my ex roommate to explain them im not resident in that county and give them my new address which is in other country and return the mail ..
my question is : is it gone be problem for my citizenship because i moved to other country and i can not serve jury ?

1. F. J. Capriotti III

4

1

Answered . Your ex-room ate can't talk to them .... it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to contact the Court.

No, it won't impact on your US Citizenship.

2. Lisa A. Tehlirian

Pro

2

1

Answered . I agree with my attorney colleague. You should contact the court immediately to notify them that you cannot appear for jury duty. This should not be a problem for your citizenship.

3. Danny Garmo

2

1

Answered . It is your responsibility as a U.S. Citizen to explain the reasons why you cannot serve jury duty. Explain that you live outside the United States and provide proof. Not your room-mate.