I go to court tomorrow for a criminal pretrial for underage possession and consumption of alcohol. Any ideas on what will happen

Lorain, OH |

I was recently charged with a first degree misdemeanor for petty theft. Tomorrow I go to court for a criminal pretrial for underage possession and consumption of alcohol. I plead not guilty in the previous hearing and got a public defender. Is jail time a possibility because of the misdemeanor I already have?

1. You need to ask your public defender these questions. That person has the file, the police reports and your information. Why would you ask a bunch of random attorneys when you have one working specifically on your case?

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

2. Speak to your public defender and have them address any questions you have.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.

3. If you have an attorney, you need to use that attorney. None of us will second guess an attorney who know ALL the facts and ALL the circumstances as opposed to those few you posted here. Best of luck tomorrow.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

4. You need to appear, on time, and direct all of your questions to the public defender assigned to your case. He or she will have ll the facts and be able to formulate an answer based on the discovery received.

5. As the others have indicated, speak to your Public Defender. Additionally, jail time is a possibility given the offense levels of the crimes you are charged with. Check out the link for general information on underage alcohol offenses and associated penalties in Ohio. I hope you find it helpful.

DUI topics