I get a final divorce judgement two month ago ,he still refuse to sign the agreement ,?

Asked over 2 years ago - Paterson, NJ

he get social benefits and ssi, but recently i get a proof that he works. can i ask for child support now after i get the final divorce judgement? can i talk to the social services about that?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Yolanda Navarrete

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, you can file a post-judgment motion. Social Security will not speak to you about his case.

    Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to... more
  2. Kenneth A White


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Any time you can establish a significant, permanent change of circumstances since the time the last Order was entered you can seek a review and modification of a support award. If your ex is working now and he had not been working at the time the court previously set child support you can seek a review and modification now based on that change of circumstances.

    Kenneth A. White, Esq.
    Certified Family Law Attorney

    The Answer provided was based on the limited information provided, and represents information based on the law in... more
  3. Brian S Wayson

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If he is getting Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits, you also may ask the court require him to apply for and provide to the custodial parent potential auxiliary benefits for the children - these auxiliary benefits would be based on his receipt of SSD benefits.

    As suggested you should consult with a family law attorney about these matters - find one here on Avvo, ask your local or state bar association for referral or contact your local Legal Aid Services organization.

    Disclaimer Information on this site is provided by Brian Scott Wayson as general information, not legal advice,... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,802 answers this week

2,841 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,802 answers this week

2,841 attorneys answering