I gave birth a week ago . I just wanted it over so I just signed the paper work I'm in Utah and I want my baby back please

Asked 6 months ago - Sandy, UT

I gave birth on 3/4/14 in a Utah hospital. I signed the paper work because I just wanted it over. I hide the pregnancy from my family and boyfriend because the father was a one night stand. I finally told my mom and dad who love me very much. They don't agree with my decision as they think I wasn't in my right mind by not telling anyone I only had a one sided conversation and opinion and that was of the agency that have my baby. I now have opened up and know I have other options and was never advised to seek them from the agency. I am seeking counseling but have had a hard time getting an appointment. Please give me legal advise so I may get my baby back

1. Karen Ilene Rose

Answered . You need to talk with an attorney practicing family law or adoption law in Utah. You should be able to contest your signing of a release of parental rights at the hospital; however; it depends upon how you came to this decision. Were you working with a social worker from an adoption agency or is this something you decided to do only at the hospital. If you worked with an adoption agency who had a social worker counsel you, then you may have a hard time contesting the voluntary release of parental rights.