I gave birth a week ago . I just wanted it over so I just signed the paper work I'm in Utah and I want my baby back please

Asked 6 months ago - Sandy, UT

I gave birth on 3/4/14 in a Utah hospital. I signed the paper work because I just wanted it over. I hide the pregnancy from my family and boyfriend because the father was a one night stand. I finally told my mom and dad who love me very much. They don't agree with my decision as they think I wasn't in my right mind by not telling anyone I only had a one sided conversation and opinion and that was of the agency that have my baby. I now have opened up and know I have other options and was never advised to seek them from the agency. I am seeking counseling but have had a hard time getting an appointment. Please give me legal advise so I may get my baby back

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Karen Ilene Rose

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . You need to talk with an attorney practicing family law or adoption law in Utah. You should be able to contest your signing of a release of parental rights at the hospital; however; it depends upon how you came to this decision. Were you working with a social worker from an adoption agency or is this something you decided to do only at the hospital. If you worked with an adoption agency who had a social worker counsel you, then you may have a hard time contesting the voluntary release of parental rights.

    This information is not intended as legal advice and is intended only to provide the questioner with general... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,069 answers this week

2,994 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,069 answers this week

2,994 attorneys answering