I gave a deposit to a restaurant to hold a date to have dinner there for 18 people. I cancelled. I want my deposit back.

Hartford, CT |

I was told by a restaurant that they could do exactly what I wanted for dinner for 18 people. I chose to use their facility based on their promise. I was told I needed to give a deposit and reserve the date. The deposit policy they have is for having banquets there ( over 20 people) in an assigned room. I was not assigned a room. I was not using the banquet menu. The menu we agreed upon verbally was chosen off their regular menu. I chose dishes based on their ingredients. When he sent me the menu in writing, it was not the same. I contacted him to tell him of my upset. I contacted others in his establishment. No one responded. I do not trust them. I cancelled. I want my deposit back as they did not meet our "contract." Is this not a breach of contract?

There are many variables here that need to be looked at to determine how best to proceed. I recommend that you consult with one or two attorneys in your area and hire one that appeals to you.

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business