I gave a deposit to a restaurant to hold a date to have dinner there for 18 people. I cancelled. I want my deposit back.

Asked about 1 year ago - Hartford, CT

I was told by a restaurant that they could do exactly what I wanted for dinner for 18 people. I chose to use their facility based on their promise. I was told I needed to give a deposit and reserve the date. The deposit policy they have is for having banquets there ( over 20 people) in an assigned room. I was not assigned a room. I was not using the banquet menu. The menu we agreed upon verbally was chosen off their regular menu. I chose dishes based on their ingredients. When he sent me the menu in writing, it was not the same. I contacted him to tell him of my upset. I contacted others in his establishment. No one responded. I do not trust them. I cancelled. I want my deposit back as they did not meet our "contract." Is this not a breach of contract?

1. Sean Patrick Lewis

1

Answered . There are many variables here that need to be looked at to determine how best to proceed. I recommend that you consult with one or two attorneys in your area and hire one that appeals to you.