Skip to main content

I found out that my wife is moonlighting as an "escort". Can I get full custody in Colorado?

Pueblo, CO |

My wife and I have 2 children. She has 2 from a previous marriage. We do not live together but are still married. Our children have lived with me since they were born. I recently found out that she has been moonlighting as an "escort/prostitute". Someone sent me her profiles and advertisements on a number of internet sites. I believe Colorado does not normally give "full custody". They would rather couples share parenting. However, I truly believe my children should not be left alone with someone who is keeping God knows what for company/boyfriend/customer. Do you believe a judge will award me full custody and maybe we can have supervised visitation?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


It is probable that the court will award you more parenting time than it will award her under the circumstances... the court will likely give her a chance to change her ways. You also have a another interesting argument. You can "play along" and assess her income from her "job" for child support purposes (this would be a more proper way to deal with this issue and still get all of your facts in). Hopefully, there is some kind of record of her earning capacity, like the information about her hourly rate that must be on her website.


Generally, there are various options you may have available to you - all of which you should discuss with a local attorney near you.

you may opt to file a complaint with your local child protective services if you feel that there are issues of safety for the children.

you may seek to commence a divorce action against your wife, and use the evidence you have to attempt to secure custody of the children

or you may do both.

i would however suggest meeting with and hiring a good local attorney ASAP

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer