I found out that my husband lied on our marriage app and failed to disclose two prior divorces. What does this mean for us?

Asked about 1 year ago - Jamestown, NY

New York State 2011. Want to divorce him now. Annulment? Was marriage legal? If not how do I get out of it? If legally married, easy divorce? No true assets and no joint children. Is this criminal? Fraud? Perjury?

1. Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Pro

3

Answered . It means nothing. You are as married as if you two were virgins. A divorce would be required to separate you two and luckily there is not much to separate.

This is a rare question. I observe that in a sexually depraved society where people sleep with each other first and ask questions later, no one cares about prior partners. No one cares about prior divorces. There may be other facts at work here and I would love to know those.

2. Paul Karl Siepmann

Pro

2

Answered . It doesn't invalidate the marriage. It also won't change the logistics of a divorce. Consult with a local matrimonial attorney to get the full run down on your rights and responsibilities in the context of a divorce case.