I forgot to put my new registration tabs on my plate and I received a ticket, what can I do. I have the current tabs. Mn

Asked over 3 years ago - Minneapolis, MN

I got a ticket for not displaying current tabs on my plates. I have them in the glove box, is there anything I can do? I have a great driving record.

1. Robert Douglas Kane Jr

Answered . Well, you admitted that you failed to display the tabs in your question. You should consider appearing in court, bring the receipt showing when you purchased the the tabs. Perhaps the prosecutor will offer you a deal that will keep the violation off your record.

2. Landon J Ascheman

Pro

Answered . In addition, some prosecutors have asked for picture to prove that the license plate now has valid tabs. I would suggest taking the time to snap a few photos for proof.

This information is general in nature. You should not rely on this information as legal advice, as each case is unique. This information does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are in need of legal advice concerning a particular matter, you are encouraged to contact us at your earliest convenience.

If you would like to discuss your case further, feel free to contact our office for a free initial consultation: 612-217-0077