Skip to main content

I forgot to pay my SR22 insurance and got a suspended letter?? I have a baaid device and RDP permit?

Deerfield, IL |

I currently have a baiid interlock device and a RDP permit in my car and have 3 months to complete my year. In June I forgot to pay my car insurance , but 2 days before i paid for June and July the state sent me a letter saying "the office has not recieved renewal of your financial responsibilty filing, which expired or will be cancelled as indicated below 7/23/13. What do i do?? Since i paid do i just wait and received another letter that my suspension is lifted?? Do i file another sr22?? I hope this doesn't effect my license reinstatement?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Call your state's version of DMV to inquire as to the status of your license, and what, if anything, must be done. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen


First call your attorney, if you have one, to discuss. As my colleague points out, you can always call the DMV and see what is required of you. Good luck.


Just call your states licensing authority and they can tell you what requirements you have to meet. Good luck.

Contributions on in no way create an attorney-client relationship nor are they intended to be relied upon as a course of action without having first consulted directly with an attorney, where the specific facts and circumstances of your case can be fully discussed.

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer