Skip to main content

I forgot to mention paid traning programme(Internship) of 18 months on n-400?

San Francisco, CA |

I have naturalization interview in 4 days and I'm worried that I forgot to mention paid training programme I attended while I was working at my main job. I did mention my main job in work history but did not mention about the paid pragramme/internship I did. I'm worried IO may find out about that through my tax paper. Should I bring it to IO's attention? Or should I bring updated n-400 along with me to my interview?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Not a problem.

Sure, bring a new N-400 and let the examiner decide if he/she wants that form .. or will just amend the original one.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.



Thank you for your response. Is it something I need to worry about? Do I have to take any affidavit for this amendment?

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III


No need for an affidavit .. you will be providing 'testimony under oath' ... that is stronger than a notarized piece of paper.



Thank you!!


At the interview, tell the officer.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Before the IO gets to it at the interview, be upfront and seek to amend your application to include this information.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.


I did this with a client. Before they were sworn in, we told the officer about the omission and offered an amended N-400. He placed it in the file and continued the interview and we eventually were successful.

This answer is not to be construed as legal advice. For a free telephone consultation, contact us now at: (512) 215-5235 Austin, (214) 377-4822 Dallas, (713) 242-1783 Houston, (210) 957-8845 San Antonio

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer