I forgot to file a notice of hearing for a child support court date.. what should I do?

Asked about 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

I scheduled a hearing about 3 weeks ago for child support. Its set for August 22nd which is next week. I completely forgot to file a notice of hearing at the courthouse and have the other party served with the hearing notice as well. Is it too late to do this? Or do I need to cancel my court date and reschedule?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Sema Yildirim

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to call the judicial assistant. S/he will tell you how to proceed. It may be too short of notice to file a notice now. You may have to reschedule. You have to coordinate the date

  2. Philip Arl Haas

    Contributor Level 3


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It might be too late to file the notice. As my colleague stated, call the judicial assistant and check whether it is too late. Because you still have six days until the hearing, you may be able to file the notice at the courthouse today or tomorrow and then serve the other party immediately. The judge may find that five days is adequate notice.

  3. Natalie Dian Hall


    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . If you "scheduled" the hearing, there may have already been some coordination and thus some notice to the other side. Speak with the person with whom you scheduled the hearing (JA or clerk's office). If a Notice was needed, see if you can still send one out.

    The information presented here is general in nature for general assistance and is not intended to be legal advice.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,404 answers this week

3,005 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,404 answers this week

3,005 attorneys answering