I forgot my drivers lic & professional documents at a local staples

Thousand Oaks, CA |

I forgot my drivers lic & professional documents at a local staples, in the copy machine. After 3 days I realized I had forgotten them. Went back and 2 employees stated they had found them and given them to the manager, after speaking to the manager she denied ever seeing them and basically lost them. I can replace them, but can I call the District manager or Corporate to see if I can get reimbursed?

The fact that you lost your DL and other documents is not the fault of the store Your request for reimbursement will be futile. Try speaking to another store manager. Your bigger concern is identity theft.

Call the district manager and explain the situation and see what they can do for you. If you dont ask, you dont get. : )
Scotty

I agree with both the answers above - they owe you nothing, but if you don't ask... Been there myself, didn't get much satisfaction, but worth a try.

To follow-up on the possibility of Identity theft I am including a link to the Federal Trade Commission's site with tools for potential victims. First step is to pull your credit report from each of the three agencies and make sure there's nothing you don't recognize.

This response is intended to provide general information, but not legal advice. The response may be different if there are other or different facts than those included in the original question. See MKnutsonLaw.com for more information on why this communication is not privileged or create an attorney-client relationship.