I filed my VAWA I-360 and I-765 and got prima facie in August 2012. Can the EAD be renewed based on the Prima Facie?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Tampa, FL

I have also recently submitted I-485 and the medical records. I'm about to lose my job due to expired work permit. Is there anything else I can do to get the EAD? The prior EAD was after my spouse filed for adjustment of status but he's no longer my sponsor.

1. Tracie Lynn Klinke

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . The EAD is actually based on your I-485 and not the VAWA I-360. As long as you have a pending I-485, you should be able to renew your work card. You may need to switch the code, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to have an attorney help you, since you're switching from a marriage-based adjustment to self-petitioning status.

This general advice does not create an attorney-client relationship.
  2. Nicolas Andres Olano

Pro

Answered . File for your EAD. Also extend your prima facie letter. Follow my colleagues advice, get an attorney.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created.
  3. Dalia Rasha Kejbou

1

Answered . I agree with Attorney Klinke asking as your I485 is pending your work authorization should be renewed. Good luck!