Skip to main content

I filed my VAWA I-360 and I-765 and got prima facie in August 2012. Can the EAD be renewed based on the Prima Facie?

Tampa, FL |

I have also recently submitted I-485 and the medical records. I'm about to lose my job due to expired work permit. Is there anything else I can do to get the EAD? The prior EAD was after my spouse filed for adjustment of status but he's no longer my sponsor.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    The EAD is actually based on your I-485 and not the VAWA I-360. As long as you have a pending I-485, you should be able to renew your work card. You may need to switch the code, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to have an attorney help you, since you're switching from a marriage-based adjustment to self-petitioning status.

    This general advice does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. I agree with Attorney Klinke asking as your I485 is pending your work authorization should be renewed. Good luck!

  3. File for your EAD. Also extend your prima facie letter. Follow my colleagues advice, get an attorney.

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created.