I filed my I-130/I-485 &765. Received letter for my biometrics appointment on nov 5

Glendale, CA |

My problem is I don't have a valid passport I just renew it at our consulate and is due for release in December 2 and I have the receipt attached to my cancelled/expired passport. I don't have any valid ID to bring can I still have my biometrics taken with out any valid identification. I'm so scared and worried. Please I need advice and help.

1. If necessary,postpone your biometrics appointment.

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. Yes, You can still do the biometrics with the expired passport.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.