I filed my fiance's uknemployment for 15 weeks after he went back to work. what do i do now? should i just call them and admit

Asked over 1 year ago - Niagara Falls, NY

i continued filing even after he went back to work. we were behind on bills. we have 5 children. i needed food and school clothes. it was very stupid of me to do. dept of labor knows and is investigating. i want to tell the trukth but i am scared of being arrested. she i come clean with them or should i keep my mouth shut until i am arrested and charged.

they are trying to charge my fiance with this. he didnt know that i did it. i still havent admitted to it. he is now laid off again and as of last week they stopped his unemployment benefits. i just want to make this right but i am so scared that i will be sent to prison for this.

1. Arthur H. Forman

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Unemployment routinely cross-matches ss numbers with payroll records. It will be much better to contact them before they bring criminal charges, which they definitely will do unless you contact them immediately. It would be best to ask them not to take any further action until you have your attorney contact them.

2. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

1

Answered . if you admit it, one or both of you will face criminal charges. You need to meet with a criminal defense attorney and plot a way of resolving this.

3. Vincent Peter White

1

Answered . You have committed fraud. Contact an attorney with experience in both criminal defense and employment law in order to figure out how to best handle this.