I filed i360 by the end of december i did not get prima facie yet. Is that normal?

Asked over 1 year ago - West Palm Beach, FL

I received the receipt but no pfima facie yet its 5 weeks now is that normal

1. William Michael Cavanaugh

Answered . Government processing times vary, but right now I-360 petitions under VAWA have a very long processing time (approx 18 months). If you filed under VAWA, it is not out of the ordinary to take up to a few months to receive the prima facie determination. If you are concerned, and filed without an attorney, you may want to consider consulting with an experienced Immigration attorney who can review your filing and determine if anything is missing.

2. Gintare Grigaite

Answered . Yes this is normal. It may take anywhere from 3-6 months to get that.