I filed i360 by the end of december i did not get prima facie yet. Is that normal?

West Palm Beach, FL |
Filed under: Immigration

I received the receipt but no pfima facie yet its 5 weeks now is that normal

Yes this is normal. It may take anywhere from 3-6 months to get that.

Contact attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

Government processing times vary, but right now I-360 petitions under VAWA have a very long processing time (approx 18 months). If you filed under VAWA, it is not out of the ordinary to take up to a few months to receive the prima facie determination. If you are concerned, and filed without an attorney, you may want to consider consulting with an experienced Immigration attorney who can review your filing and determine if anything is missing.

William M. Cavanaugh Law Office of William M. Cavanaugh (561) 283-2196 This posting does not create an attorney-client relationship and the answer is general in nature. You should contact an experienced Immigration attorney with the specific facts of your case.

Recommended articles about Immigration