I filed I-90 but didn't go to Biometrics, can I withdrawa my application prior to uscis decision to denie and considered abandon

Dallas, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

I filed my I-90 to renew my greencard but failed to show up at the Biometrics appointment, this was 22 days ago, I still haven't receive any letter of denied, can I still withdraw my application before uscis makes a decision?

It may be too late, but her in Boston, when something like that happens, I just have the person show up at the biometric appointment center as soon as possible and explain the situation. 9 out of 10 times they take the fingerprints and the case proceeds without a problem. If you simply don't wish the case to proceed, then sending a withdrawal letter to the office that is processing the I-90 couldn't hurt and might speed things up.

If I send I letter to withdraw, what do I say in the letter?

You could, but I am not clear why you would want to do so.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Sure, but that will not resolve the problem.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.