I filed form I-539 to extend/change nonimmigrant Status which was filed April 23,2010 at the California service center denied

Asked over 1 year ago - Apple Valley, CA

Denied because I failed to maintain previously accorded status even though I filed I a timely
request The (USCIS) determined that I was not able to maintain a valid no immigration status until the school that I attended in August 15 ,2010 started USCIS found that my B2 non immigration status expired on April 26,2010 it will be three years as a US resident April 2013.
I was married to a Navy Veteran who has a kidney transplant and needs my care and love were married in Las Vegas Nevada April 12,2013 I am at my whit's end and need help please
My name will be changed to his very soon
Thank you

Jihwa Kim

Additional information

I also used my work social security number to get credit and bank accounts here and cars
will the money in my bank accounts be taken will I have to be deported or go to jail my English
is poor the money was sent from my country I am very afraid and do not know what will happen to me? My American husband is very concerned about everything that has taken place in my past
that he has just found out

Attorney answers (3)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You msy be able to adjust. See a lawyer.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Retaining an attorney, may not be a bad idea for your case, after all.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.


There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,517 answers this week

3,140 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,517 answers this week

3,140 attorneys answering