Skip to main content

I filed for the i-130 can i file for the i-129 after or do i have to wait

North Las Vegas, NV |
Filed under: Immigration

I am married and am seperated from my wife who is in brazil and we filed for the i-130 and are wondering if it is possible for us to file for the i-129 so that we are together again quicker.

Attorney Answers 2


You can file the I-129F, but the processing times for both the I-130 and the I-129F are virtually identical.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Mark as helpful


Consular processing with respect to either process is very complicated. Be sure you understand the processes and consult with an excellent attorney either in your area or on Avvo before making any decision which way to proceed.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics