I filed for my green card thru my wife , few days ago we had our interview the officer approved my case and stamp my passport .

Asked over 1 year ago - College Station, TX

when I filed the I--485 I answered the following question NO
Have you EVER, in or outside the United state:
Been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined, or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, excluding traffic violations?
One month before the interview I remembered that I had case 9 years ago in my home country. in that case, someone accused me with hit and run. The Judge found me not guilty and dismiss the case.

During the interview, I gave the officer a copy of case document and Certificate of Non-Conviction and I ask him to make correction for that question, the officer didn't make the correction because I never been to jail for this case.
is this laying on the form? is this right way to deal with this problem? should my attorney send correction?

1. Irene Vaisman

10

Answered . you have disclosed the arrest at the interview and provided the disposition, but you are working with an attorney and if you have concerns, you should talk to your attorney about your concerns

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. Alena Shautsova

Pro

4

8

Answered . I don't think so, you fully disclose the incident.

3. Amanda Faye Mitchell Diaz

Pro

5

Answered . Since you fully disclosed the incident during the interview, you have not made a misrepresentation. I would discuss your questions further with your attorney, since your attorney was present at the interview and knows exactly what happened.

4. David Joseph Trevino

Pro

Answered . I think you answered the question timely and should not have any problems. If you already used a lawyer, make sure you hire him again when it's time to apply for citizenship, just in case...