I filed for my green card and i-130 through my mother who's a U.S citizen and I'm under 21. I just took my biometrics and finge

Burlington, NJ |

fingerprints. How long does it take after the biometrics to receive my EAD work permit?

It should come within the next few weeks.

If you also filed forms I-485 and I-765, you should receive you EAD work permit within 90 days of filing.

Please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

More information is needed. Did you enter the U.S. with a visa? If not, when did you enter the U.S.? If not, were you directly or indirectly petitioned by April 30, 2001, so that you can grandfather-in and pay the penalty based upon Section 245(i)?

If so, then the answers provided are correct. If not, then I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.