I filed for full custody of my son. We have joint custody right now. How do you think the judge will rule given the circumstanc

Asked 9 months ago - Saint Louis, MO

I currently share joint custody of my son with his mother. I filed for full custody on 4/8/13 due to several significant changes in the circumstances of the mothers life and situation. She was arrested for possession of crack and placed on probation, she lost her home to foreclosure and lost her car to repossession. She is unemployed and currently living with her mother since her release from jail. She has over 50 run ins with the law since 1992 including a child neglect case, harboring missing teen report, and etc. I am married, been at my job for 10 years am stable in life and always have my sons best interest at heart. I by far am not perfect. My question is since she has "cleaned" up her act and everything has the appearance of being normal now how do you think the judge will rule?

1. Allen S. Russell

1

1

Answered . There is no way to know for sure how a judge will rule on any given case. Certainly, her current circumstances are important, but the court has to consider all of the changed circumstances which have occurred since the date of the last order and then determine if it would be in the best interests of the minor child for a change in the custody schedule to be made.

2. Lee Alan Thompson

1

2

Answered . I assume you have an attorney. If not, you should. Probably not bad but I gave up predicting what judges are going to do years ago.