I filed for divorce. I do not want child support or alimony anymore. What is my next step to complete my divorce?

Asked 5 months ago - Hacienda Heights, CA

Filed two years ago and he did not contest. I don't want anything and neither does he. We have nothing to divide and only one child under the age of 18. We have agreed to joint custody.

1. Stephen Ross Cohen

2

1

Answered . File Fl150, Declartions of Assets, and request for trial or a marital settlement agreement and allow one of you to take a default.

2. Gregory Paul Benton

1

Answered . Consent is not necessary. Was he served? Did you file a proof of service. Did he respond to your service of the Petition and Summons if he was served? If he was served and he didn't file a response, did you file a Request For Default? The next steps would be based on a clear understanding of what you have done and haven't done in this matter. You can waive spousal support but if waiving child support is NOT in the best interests of your child, then the court could reject any proposed settlement.

3. Wail Sarieh

Pro

Answered . File your Preliminary Declarations of Disclosures; enter default and request a hearing on a default matter and submit a judgment package to the court 5 days before the hearing.