I filed for divorce. I do not want child support or alimony anymore. What is my next step to complete my divorce?

Asked 5 months ago - Hacienda Heights, CA

Filed two years ago and he did not contest. I don't want anything and neither does he. We have nothing to divide and only one child under the age of 18. We have agreed to joint custody.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Stephen Ross Cohen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . File Fl150, Declartions of Assets, and request for trial or a marital settlement agreement and allow one of you to take a default.

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA.... more
  2. Gregory Paul Benton

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Consent is not necessary. Was he served? Did you file a proof of service. Did he respond to your service of the Petition and Summons if he was served? If he was served and he didn't file a response, did you file a Request For Default? The next steps would be based on a clear understanding of what you have done and haven't done in this matter. You can waive spousal support but if waiving child support is NOT in the best interests of your child, then the court could reject any proposed settlement.

  3. Wail Sarieh


    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . File your Preliminary Declarations of Disclosures; enter default and request a hearing on a default matter and submit a judgment package to the court 5 days before the hearing.

    This response will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Sarieh Law Offices, and is not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,960 answers this week

3,192 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,960 answers this week

3,192 attorneys answering