I filed for chapter 7 in 2004 was discharged in 2004. i just filed again for chapter 7 in 2013 will the trustee oppose my case?

Middletown, NY |

spouse and i filed bankruptcy jointly both times.

1. You waited a sufficient time. Unless there is another reason for the trustee to oppose your petition is should be no problem. Consult with a local bankruptcy lawyer.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

2. Why? You are now eligible on the basis of time. However, there can be hundreds of reasons for a trustee or a creditor to object to your Chapter 7 case. That's why hiring an experienced Chapter 7 attorney is so crucial. Hope this perspective helps!

3. Time is not a problem. It has been more than 8 years from the 2004 filing. The trustee will not object on that basis. All other actions the trustee might take are possible.