I filed for adjustment of status form I-485 by marriage to a us citizen . we have our interview in feb 2010.

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Immigration

can someone please tell me the documents and evidence that i need to take along with me to the interview.thank u

It would be wise to at least sit down with an immigration lawyer for a consultation, and perhaps a run-through of what the interview will be like.

Note that the Interview Notice contains a list of what you must bring - a lawyer can tell you which materials are best and what alternative documents will work when you don't have something they request. In New York, you don't get a second chance -they often deny if you don't have everything on the theory that you had notice of what to bring from the Interview Notice.

A lawyer can also review your situation and make sure nothing is likely to come up at the appointment as a major [unpleasant] surprise.

Speak with a lawyer before the interview.

Recommended articles about Immigration