I filed for adjustment of status form I-485 by marriage to a us citizen . we have our interview in feb 2010.

Asked over 4 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

can someone please tell me the documents and evidence that i need to take along with me to the interview.thank u

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Stuart Jonas Reich


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . It would be wise to at least sit down with an immigration lawyer for a consultation, and perhaps a run-through of what the interview will be like.

    Note that the Interview Notice contains a list of what you must bring - a lawyer can tell you which materials are best and what alternative documents will work when you don't have something they request. In New York, you don't get a second chance -they often deny if you don't have everything on the theory that you had notice of what to bring from the Interview Notice.

    A lawyer can also review your situation and make sure nothing is likely to come up at the appointment as a major [unpleasant] surprise.

    Speak with a lawyer before the interview.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,208 answers this week

2,803 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,208 answers this week

2,803 attorneys answering