I filed for a divorce, I moved out of state. Respondant filed for a Prove-up, twice , I am Pro se .

Asked about 2 years ago - Belleville, IL

I filed for a divorce in 2011 thinking since she left the marriage for 2yrs, in the Illinois the divorce would come quickly. Now we're at the Prove-up stage which her lawyer filed. Twice it has been cancelled, can I request a Prove-up?
There are no children, the house foreclosed, I gave her the car and other stuff she requested, the only thing I would like is my divorce. I am Pro se and don't have a lawyer .
Thanks for your help.
Best regards,

Tony

1. Judy A. Goldstein

3

Answered . It is possible that the continuances were due to a court conflict, but we have no way of knowing. You are pro se, but if proveup is that simple, you would be best served by hiring an attorney to finish up the case in order to prevent further continuances

2. Michael A. Meschino

1

Answered . There is no way for anyone to speculate on this forum why your divorce did not conclude in prove up the last two times it was up.
    If you filed for divorce why are you relying on the other side to get a prove up done? That is your responsibility as the Petitioner.
    Hire an attorney and have this done correctly. So far you have not done a good job of litigating this case.

3. Amy Spector

1

Answered . Without knowing more about the background of your case, there is no way to know why the case has been continued thus far. The other attorney is correct in saying that if you want to ensure that this divorce is concluded properly and as quickly as possible, you should hire an attorney to tie up whatever loose ends there may be.

My office offers a complimentary one-hour consultation. If you are interested, please contact Stange Law Firm, L.L.C. at (618) 310-3711 and we would be more than happy to schedule an appointment for you so that you may discuss this matter with one of our attorneys in greater detail. Please let us know if we can be of assistance.