I filed for a conversion to Chap 7 from 13. Creditor meeting was 2 weeks ago. What happens now? Can I look at full time job yet?

Jacksonville, FL |

Married, 3 children at home who were claimed on 08 return. Up to June 1st, total income was $80k, now total income is aproxx $59 because Im part time. Final date for objections is Sept 8 at which time the discharge would be granted. Can I look for full time work yet? Am I subject to a means test or was this done with all the paperwork I submitted prior to creditor meeting 2 weeks ago? My wife is NOT named in case, just me.

1. Your means test should have been filed, if one was required, when you first filed your Chapter 13 case. You are not under a duty to file a new means test, if you already file one when you first filed your case. You are required, as you likely know, to file amended paperwork, depending on whether you converted before or after confirmation. Holding off on looking for full time work because you perceive that it somehow helps you to qualify for a Chapter 7 is improper. If you intend to work full time, you should be looking for full time work. If that means you have sufficient income to repay some of your creditors, or all, that is a good thing. Good luck!