Skip to main content

I filed chpt 7 . Mom in Mass. is buying me a car and will be making payments. How do i register it in Florida.?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

My mom will have financial responsibilty for the loan while I get the use of the car . I am not sure how i will be able to register it isince she is in Mass and I am in Florida. The loan will be hers and the bank will hold the title.

Do i have to be a cosigner on the loan? Does it make a difference if we buy it in Florida or in Mass as far as getting me on the regsitration?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. The answer to this question is going to depend heavily on WHEN you filed your chapter 7. I would make a phone call to the attorney who filed on your behalf. He should be able to answer this question in about 2 minutes.