I filed a Request to Enter Default and received the signed copy back from the judge, what happens next?

Asked over 1 year ago - Sherman Oaks, CA

My ex was refusing to let me see my son so I filed a Petition to Establish Parental Relationship. She never responded so I filed a Request to Enter Default and have received the signed copy back from the judge. I'm not sure what to do next, do I get a court date now? How do I do that?

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

2

9

Answered . i am sorry that your ex is doing this to you ( and for all you lawyers and others who are sick of hearing me say I'm sorry maybe you should add a bit more empathy to your answers because these are human beings not just test questions), you need a judgemnt, after you get the judgement he will be found in contempt and you can seek costs and sanctions and of course an order. take care.

2. Tobie Brina Waxman

3

Answered . The following is a link to the CA Superior Court's web-site and specifically, to the self-help instructions for finishing up a paternity/parentage action. Good Luck. http://www.courts.ca.gov/11299.htm

3. Malosack Berjis

2

Answered . Assuming that family court works the same way as civil, you would file a request for default judgment.